How To Save Someone Else’s Snapchat Story On Android & iPhone
Snapchat is a social media platform that invented the trend of Story, which has now become popular on Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp. The story can be a GIF, image or video that can be shown for 24 hours on a user account. It is a fun way to tell your snap chatter friends what you are up to. Sometimes you find your friend’s story fascinating and you want to save it on your device. But Snapchat doesn’t allow to save someone else Snapchat story. But, there is a workaround to get the video on your phone. Let’s know-how to save Snapchat stories on Android & iPhone.
Ways To Download/Save Someone Else Snapchat Story
Method 1: Use Snapchat Story Saver App
If you don’t want to use a screen recording app, you can get third-party apps to on your device, iPhone or Android. We have listed some of the apps available on App Store and Google Store which claim to download someone else Snapchat Story.
Note: Snapchat doesn’t recommend using these apps in regard to security, therefore use these apps with caution.
- Install Snapbox and launch the app on your device.
- Enter Snapchat login credentials to access.
- Locate the Story that you want to download and click Save.
You can also select the option to download Snapchat Stories to save them automatically from the app’s settings. Turn on this feature, save Snapchat Stories by just opening and they will be saved on your camera roll.
To record a Snapchat video, you need to install SnapSaver, a Snapchat Story downloader app available for Android. It helps you to save Snapchat Stories. Follow these steps:
- Download & install Snapsaver from Google Play Store.
- Launch Snapsaver and click on the video recorder icon.
- Open Snapchat and play the Story that you want to download
- Once the Story is played, close the video recorder by using its icon from the notification tray.
- SnapCrack is a great way to download someone’s Snapchat story on your smartphone. The app is available for both Android and iOS. Follow these steps:
- Download and install SnapCrack.
- Log in to the app using Snapchat credentials. It will fetch essential data from Snapchat. It has a similar interface to Snapchat.
- You will get recent Stories or snaps by your contacts. Tap Save to save them on your phone’s memory.
Method 2: Use Screen Recorder To Save Snapchat Stories
With the launch of iOS 11, iPhone comes with an inbuilt screen recording app which makes screen recording quite simple. To turn on the screen recorder to work in a swipe & tap, you need to add it to Control Centre and make downloading Snapchat videos easy.
To add a screen recording icon, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Control Centre.
- Tap “Customize Controls” and then navigate to Screen Recording icon and tap + button.
Now screen recording will show up on Control Centre.
Get screen recorder turned on with a swipe and tap, and follow these steps to download Snapchat story:
- Go to Snapchat video that you want to download, Swipe up to get Control Centre. Tap Screen Recording icon.
- The screen recording will initiate followed by a 3-second countdown. A red bar on the top of the screen will come up, which means it is recording.
- Once the story is recorded, close Snapchat, tap on the red bar to stop the recording.
Note: You can also swipe up to get Control Centre and tap on the Screen recording icon to stop it.
The recording will be saved in Photos.
Android doesn’t come with an inbuilt screen recording app, therefore, you need to turn to third-party tools on Google Play Store. One of the best screen recording apps on Android is AZ Screen Recorder – No Root.
You need to download and install AZ Screen Recorder from Google Play Store and follow these steps to save Snapchat stories:
- Open AZ Screen Recorder and tap the Record video icon.
- Launch Snapchat and go to Story that you want to download on Snapchat.
- Play the Story and let it play until the end.
- Click the recording icon to stop the recording or press Stop from the notification tray.
Method 3: Use QuickTime Recording on Mac To Save Snapchat Stories
If you have Mac, you can use QuickTime player to record a video of Snapchat’s screen. This method will help you save the Snapchat story without notifying the user. Follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Launch QuickTime.
- Click File and then New Movie Recording.
- Locate arrow button beside Record and change the source to iPhone.
- Click the Record button and go to snap or Snapchat story that you want to download.
Once recorded, click Record button to stop recording.
- Save the video and it is done!
So, in this way, you can download Snapchat stories on your iPhone and Android. Try any of these to save Snapchat Stories in your Photo gallery. For iPhone, we recommend you use the default screen recorder and AZ screen recorder app for Android to download stories on Snapchat.
What do you think? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
282 total views, 3 views today